Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Weigh-In

This week (week 4): 1 pound
Total: 6 pounds

First impressions: not impressed

One of the WW "secrets" is cheerleader-like enthusiasm for every single victory, no matter how big or small. 

Here goes. 

Losing 1 pound beats the heck out of gaining 1 pound. I made a commitment to lose, and I'm losing. Good work, I'm headed in the right direction. I was great with my points, and I exercised more this week than last week. Hormones probably played a role this week. Being a little sick still played a role too, since I'm wheezing still and not getting properly oxygenated. Six pounds is 10% of my total weight loss goal. All I need to do is repeat what I've done 9 more times. That sounds totally do-able to me, it really truly does.

Still, this is humbling news in light of the cookie-fest. I need to focus on the Challenge as much as the Cookies. To that end, I've planned healthy dinner menus this week, and I'll shop later today to stock up on healthy lunch food. However good they taste, I'm going to send the majority of the Honey Cookies to work tomorrow. And I've got to exercise more, even if it's just walking after dinner for 30 minutes. 

Eat better. Eat less. Move more. I've just given away the secrets to weight loss. I hope the WW attorneys will forgive me :-)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment