Thursday, October 14, 2010

Challenge** check-in

As much as I love the Cookie* part of this project, I'm trying to love the Challenge** part of the project too. Dinner is still a challenge, but I've made good progress on breakfast and lunch. Lunch today was yummy and only 5 points. (I get 24 points per day, plus earned exercise points and all or some of the weekly allowance points. It's not as complicated as I just made it sound.)


Light salami (1) sandwich on English muffin (2) with Laughing Cow (1) cheese. Tomatoes (0) and snap peas (1) on the side.

Incidentally, I went to the doctor today and got on the scale with NO FEAR. They never let patients skip this step (I've asked) and the last time I was there I closed my eyes so I wouldn't see the display. That's the good news. 

The bad news is that I now have two antibiotics and an inhaler for double ear infections, a sinus infection, and congested lungs. Sigh. I'm going to lay off the cookies for a day or two and get some rest. 

Or maybe not. Because I've been thinking...

I'd like to try the macaroons again with the beaten eggs. And I still have half a batch of Scotch Oat Crunchies in the fridge I could bake up. And I want to try the cinnamon sugar crisps with less molasses and more cinnamon. And I have some new ideas about the Wookie (bake in Springform pan, pour fudge/hot frosting on cake while still in pan, stack and cover with cream cheese frosting).

So much baking, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment