Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Weigh In

This week: -0.2
Total: -10.4

Weight Watchers says: "You lost again this week! Congratulations, and keep doing exactly what you’re doing! See you next week."

I'm totally over exaggerated (exasperated?) enthusiasm and really need a kick in the pants. Sure, I'm happier having lost 0.2 lbs than gaining 0.2 lbs, but c'mon, it's not awesome. Who are we kidding. 

So. I've set a mini-goal to lose 6 pounds by Thanksgiving. Mini-goals are meant to inspire you to break routines and push yourself beyond whatever has you stuck. Six pounds is reasonable but will require a little extra OOMPH on my part. 

I'm doing ok with eating, mostly, but I'm still not exercising. So in preparation for Thanksgiving I will do *better* with eating, mostly, and I will exercise. I can't commit to being *excellent* with eating since I'm also committed to the cookies. Such is life. I'm willing to live with that eensy-weensy self-imposed handicap. 

And I'm proud to report - drumroll please - that I did exercise tonight. I used the elliptical machine that's otherwise gathering dust in my garage and I listed to half of a This American Life podcast (Superpowers, if you follow TAL). Elliptical machines are deadly dull, but it's dark so early now and I'm not likely to exercise during the day because I'm schedule challenged. Anyhow, I think it's good for the other members of the home team to have time together  without me, so after dinner works ok for now. 

And I also packed a lunch today, which helps a ton with the eating. I get too hungry at work if I don't go prepared. And then I eat too much unhealthy stuff. Today I had a delightful sandwich with leftover roasted chicken, cucumber, and Laughing Cow cheese on a toasted English muffin. We have a toaster in the lunch room, I love sandwiches on toasted English muffins. 

On the cookie front, I was tragically disappointed by the macaroons I prepared for First Friday. Instead of improving with age as they had done last time, this batch hardened to the point of being embarrassing and I had to substitute The Pioneer Woman's Sugar Cookies at the last minute. They really are the world's best sugar cookies, but still. I wanted macaroons. 

I made date bars and they were wonderful. They looked wonderful too but I forgot to take a picture. Darn. 

So I'm a little torn on moving forward in the Cookie Book - December 1947 is Old Fashioned Christmas Butter Cookies - veresus obsessing over macaroons and making all the recipes I linked to in my last post

In the spirit of the mini-challenge, however, I think I should leave the macaroons behind and move forward. I'm a little stuck on macaroons and need to break through that routine. OFCBC, here I come!  

No comments:

Post a Comment